The Avantone MixCubes™ are shielded, full-range studio mini-reference monitors.
The MixCubes™design is inspired by the legacy of the 5C Sound Cubes™ used in virtually all-major studios for the last 25 years. Studios primarily use two-way & three-way larger monitors designed to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels. However, in this newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there is still a need to also hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small “bass-challenged” systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, ipod docking stations, etc.
It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Particular attention is always paid to the critical mid-range vocal/guitar/keyboard areas. This is where having a full-range monitor without a crossover is truly revealing.
- Ten months of R&D comparative listening & tweaking went into the voicing of the AVANTONE MixCubes™
- The result is a very smooth sounding, full range upgrade from the original 5C Sound Cubes™
- Listening tests reveal that the MixCubes™ have a smooth, more open, transparent top end response with extended bass while maintaining their basic original character
- System Type: dynamic shielded full-range pair
- Frequency Response: 90Hz - 17,000Hz (useful musical range)
- Impedance: nominal 8 ohms
- SPL / Sensitivity: 93dB @ 1w / 1 meter
- Recommended power: from 10-200 watts
- Driver: 5.25" cast aluminum frame
- Cabinet: sealed / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
- Inputs: three-way CE rated plastic encased metal binding posts (accepts up to 12-gauge wire, spade lugs, dual banana plugs)
- Weight: 6 lbs 11 oz (per speaker)
- Dimensions: 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 6 1/2"