The Avantone CV-95 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance can be compared directly to well known mics of similar series...but at a fraction of their cost!
The rugged CV-95 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and capsule assembly. The transformer coupled tube circuitry will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs.
The CV-95 houses a 25mm gold-sputtered 6 micron Mylar capsule. The CV-95 in it's normal stock version uses high grade Polystyrene and Metalized Polypropylene capacitors in the audio path. This represents Avantone's commitment to quality as these normally are the type of "upgrade" components that are implemented by microphone modders/hot-rodders! Any studio can proudly offer the CV-95 as a vocal mic or utility condenser due to it's versatility...It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The classically designed CV-95 mic is able to produce professional results with a clean sonic character. The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results. The 9 patterns allow the CV-95 to be used in a variety of situations.
The gold-sputtered, 6 micron diaphragm has a unique high frequency response that allows recordings to cut through the mix. The cardioid pattern is generally best used on vocals and single instruments. The omni mode works well in incorporating some room sound into the track. The figure 8 pattern allows 2 vocalists to use the mic at the same time from opposite sides.
- Avantone CV-95 Tube Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Avantone PS-1BV Multi-Pattern Power Supply with cables
- Foam wind screen
- Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- Padded Aluminum storage / travel case
- Owner's Manual
- Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability.
- The versatile CV-95 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character.
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
- The PS-1BV power supply offers access not only to the above OMNI, CARDIOID, and FIGURE-8 patterns but also 6 "in-between" settings. Most vocals will be best suited to Cardioid pattern but you may experiment to satisfy yourself. The omni-mode works well in some rooms for ambient room mic usage
- Type: Tube-Type True Condenser
- Capsule: Dual-sided 25mm diaphragm (32mm outside diameter) center-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Polar Pattern/s: 9 Patterns selectable at PS-1BV Power Supply
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL : 130dB (0.5% THD @ 1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Sensitivity: 17mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB (A weighted EC651)
- S/N Ratio re 1Pa : 78dB
- Sensitivity: -38dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin with special PS-1BV Power Supply and cables
- Included Accessories: Wood Box, Shockmount, 7-pin cable, metal Road Case, PS-1BV Power Supply, foam Wind Screen
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PS-1BV Power Supply, 115/230VAC selectable
- Weight: .8kg / 1.8 lb.
- Dimensions: 237mm x 46mm (9.5" x 1.8")
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body