The Avantone “Cabernet (C-series)” mics from Avant Electronics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics.
The Avantone CV-12 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance can be compared directly to some of the very finest vintage tube vocal mics but at a fraction of their cost! Our rugged CV-12 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of BRASS.
Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill. The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs. The CV-12 in its normal stock version uses high grade Metalized Polypropylene capacitors in the audio path. This represents our commitment to quality as these normally are the type of components that are implemented by microphone modder/hot-rodders! Any studio can proudly offer the CV-12 as a primary vocal mic…It exudes class visually as well as sonically. Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile CV-12 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character. The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
- Nine pattern tube microphone with dual 32mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsules
- -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF metal roll off toggle switches
- Hand selected Russian made 6072A Tube
- Each CV-12 mic & wooden mic box has a serial number
- Output impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL :136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent noise level : <17dB
- S/N ratio 78dB
- Sensitivity: -35dB
- Output connector: male XLR 7 pin w/ special power supply & cables
- Included accessories: padded wooden box, shockmount, metal road case
- Tube type:6072A
- High-pass switch 80 Hz 6dB/octave switch
- Attenuation switch -10dB switch
- Finish: polished nickel trim / metallic cabernet red body
- Weight: .8 kgs / 1.8 lbs
- Dimensions: 237mm x 46mm / 9.5" x 1.8"