The LCD-XC is Audeze's first foray into closed-back design. They went through several years of research and development to make sure everything fell in line with their high standards of quality. With the inception of their exclusive Fazor technology, they have finally released the XC, a fully-enclosed headphone with classic Audeze-quality sound that offers a more exclusive experience in noisy environments.
Their patent-pending Fazor elements are unique to the LCD-XC and LCD-X and help guide and manage the flow of sound in the headphone. The result is improved phase response, greater frequency extension, smoother frequency response and remarkable 3D holographic imaging.
For the purest, most discerning audiophile listening sessions, open headphones remain the favored choice, but their closed-back LCD-XC is the best enclosed headphone experience you’ll find.
The LCD-XC is available in a hand-worked Bubinga wood. The enclosures are made from precision-crafted anodized aluminum with sloped earpads of either premium lambskin leather or a leather-free super-suede microfiber. The earpads are designed with specially-crafted foam offering the proper firmness and the right acoustic balance.
The Audeze LCD-XC - Black Leather comes standard with the following:
- ADZ6SE Cable (single-ended 1/4"): 1/4” TRS to 2x4-pin mini XLR
- ADZ6B4 Cable (balanced 4-pin): 4-pin XLR to 2x4-pin mini XLR *
- 1/4" to 1/8" adapter
- Ruggedized travel case
- Wood care kit
- Warranty documents
- Style: Closed circumaural
- Transducer type: Planar magnetic
- Magnetic structure: Proprietary self-closing design
- Magnet type: High-grade Neodymium
- Transducer active diaphragm area: 39.8sq cm (6.17sq in)
- Maximum power handling: 15W (for 200 ms)
- Sound pressure level (SPL): > 130 db with 15W
- Frequency response: 5 Hz - 20 KHz, usable high-frequency extension to 50kHz
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): Less than 1% throughout entire frequency range
- Impedance: 22 ohms, purely resistive
- Efficiency: 95dB / 1mW
- Optimal power requirement: 1-4 W
- Weight: 650 g
- Cable length: 2.5m (8.2 ft)
- Bubinga wood cups in black aluminum enclosure with black lambskin