Huge in size and price tag, the CS-80 was a flagship synthesizer of the 1970's. It's unique dual voice layout allowed for rich and full sounds that have not been matched to this day. It was popularized by artists such as Toto, Jean-Michel Jarre, Klaus Schulze, Stevie Wonder, Vangelis, Ultravox and Peter Gabriel, to name a few. Hit song after hit song has turned this synthesizer into a true legend.
More than three decades after its release, the time has come to rediscover a sound that has contributed extensively to the history of music. The original Yamaha CS-80 was probably one of the most expressive synthesizers made. With its polyphonic aftertouch, separate high pass and low pass filters and large ribbon controller it became the voice of artists like Vangelis and ABBA.
There is never enough of a good thing
While the CS-80 was wonderful sounding, it was missing some critical modulation routing that a modern synth should have. We added a modulation matrix which has opened up the sound design capabilities to new heights. The new voice modes and arpeggiator breath new life into this classic giving you even bigger sounds than original.
- 2 oscillators
- 4 filters (high pass, low pass)
- 2 LFOs
- 4 envelopes
- 2 VCAs
- 1 sub-oscillator
- 1 ring modulator
- chorus and tremolo
- Digital Delay
- Multi Mode: assign a different sound to each of the 8 voices of polyphony!
- Modulation Matrix: 13 sources, 38 destinations
- More than 500 presets made by some of the world’s best sound designers
- Polyphonic aftertouch response
- 1 arpeggiator
- Full MIDI controller mapping
- Virtual Ribbon controller
- Absolutely pure, top quality sound from TAE® analog modeling