Symphony I/O builds upon the award-winning design approaches of Apogee’s X-Series* and Rosetta Series converters*, the Big Ben master clock and the Trak2 mic preamps. It also refines and updates these proven designs with fewer but more advanced components while optimizing their performance with efficient power distribution. These enhancements allow audio to travel through less circuitry, offering lower converter latency, more accurate clocking and even more transparency and clarity in your recordings.
Analog design, the cornerstone of Apogee quality
Apogee's engineers do not merely rely on specs and data sheets when selecting converter components, they listen. Each component is auditioned and carefully selected to best reflect the characteristics of the Apogee sound. Symphony I/O’s audio path design is elegant and efficient, incorporating the most advanced opamps that offer better performance than multiple parts used in previous designs.
This design improvement minimizes the audio path circuitry and maximizes sound quality. And in the tradition of the X-Series and Rosetta series, the entire audio path is DC coupled, resulting in ultra flat frequency response and extremely low phase error.
Total Flexibility: Symphony I/O is built to grow with your studio
Symphony I/O is an audio hardware platform, designed to deliver the most advanced recording technology available and the flexibility, scalability, and longevity required to power the modern studio. Modular I/O design, total software control, and direct connection to all popular DAWs make Symphony I/O a long-term sound investment.
AIM for Complete Compatibility
With a simple adjustment using the front panel encoder knobs, AIM transforms Symphony I/O into an interface optimized for the mode that’s been selected.
- Symphony PCI
- Pro Tools HD PCI
- USB Audio
- Two I/O module slots capable of up to 32 channels combined
- Ethernet connector
- USB 2.0 connector
- 2 Symphony PC-32 ports for direct connection to Symphony 64 PCI card and Pro Tools core card
- Word clock I/O and LoopSync I/O
- Word clock termination switch
- 16, 10 segment meters
- 2 multi-function encoder knobs
- OLED GUI: Function selection and function adjustment; Audio Interface Mode (AIM) selection
- 2x 1/4 headphone outputs
- 7 segment sample rate display
- Clock source display
- Meter source display
- "UV22HR" for superior dither of high resolution audio to 16-bit (can be applied to a channel pair or all channels)
- Clocking technology featuring Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS)