The Apogee Element 46 is the brand’s new approach to the audio recording interface, one that takes its design cues from the highly successful Symphony I/O Mk II, Ensemble Thunderbolt and Groove. The Element 46 streamlines these Apogee innovations into one simple box that delivers four analog inputs, Thunderbolt connectivity, new software control and high-quality A/D conversion. Whether you’re on the go recording bands or working from your own project studio, the Element 46 keeps things simple and effect, while still offering incredibly high audio output at an incredible price.
Analog to Digital Conversion
A high-quality A/D converter is critical for capturing every detail of your recordings into your computer. The Element series features some of the best Apogee A/D conversion. Recording through an Element ensures you will minimize unwanted noise and maximize the signal quality. Your tracks will sound amazing and mixing your project will be easier.
Whether you are recording powerful drums, dynamic vocals or delicate strings, you need a premium mic preamp to capture the finest details of the performance. The Element Series mic preamps feature Apogee’s Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture™. This analog circuit is designed to dynamically optimize across a gain range of 0-75dB to provide superior bandwidth and low distortion.
Digital to Analog Conversion
With a high-quality D/A converter, you will hear more definition in each track and virtual instrument. This clarity makes it easier for you to make precise adjustments and achieve the ideal balance when mixing your music. When you listen to your sessions through an Element, tracks will blend more harmoniously and mixing will be easier. The high end will sound crisp and clear and the low end will be tight and well defined.
An audio interface relies on a clock source like an orchestra relies on a conductor. A digital audio clock provides a timing signal to all the parts of a digital audio system so that each part of the AD/DA process may be synchronized. Element has its own built-in clock source and provides professional Word Clock IN and OUT for syncing with other digital audio gear. Use Element as the master clock to take advantage of Apogee’s superior built-in clocking technology.
The Element Series Thunderbolt driver offers incredible low-latency performance (1.41 ms round-trip) and rock-solid stability. Apogee's custom driver uses less of your computer's CPU power with the help of Direct Memory Access (DMA) technology. This allows you to run more plugins and monitor through your DAW at a low buffer setting. Element's low latency driver means you don't have to choose between power and speed.
Control the Elements
Element 46 is built to be controlled by a powerful software eco-system. With the Element series you have more control options than ever before.
Element Control App for Mac
Access all I/O controls and settings for your Element hardware with Element Control, Apogee’s software control application for Mac. Use the app to select your input type, adjust input/output levels, configure up to 4 different low-latency mixers and more. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to quickly select any input or output and adjust the level.
Element Essentials Windows
With Element Control’s Essentials window, you’ll see just the hardware settings you need in a form that requires minimal screen space. Move the Essentials window under, over or to the side of your DAW window for lightning access and total control. Your workflow will be uninterrupted as you keep your focus on the computer screen.
Element Control Mobile for iOS
Element Control Mobile for iOS provides you with wireless control of the hardware settings included in the Element Essentials Window. Download the iOS App from the App store to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
- 12 IN x 14 OUT Thunderbolt Audio I/O box
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192 kHz/24-bit
- 4 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48 V phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices, 4 combination inputs
- 6 analog outputs, 2 balanced L/R XLR outputs, 2 1/4” stereo headphone output
- Single port Thunderbolt connectivity to Mac for ultra-low latency performance, 1.41 ms round-trip at 96kHz with a 32 buffer setting
- Optical IN: Supports ADAT, SMUX & S/PDIF (ADAT: 8 channels 44.1-48 kHz on 1 Toslink connector / SMUX: 4 channels 88.2-96 kHz on 1 Toslink connector / S/PDIF: 2 channels, up to 192 kHz on 1 Toslink connector)
- Optical OUT: Supports ADAT, SMUX & S/PDIF (ADAT: 8 channels 44.1-48 kHz on 1 Toslink connector / SMUX: 4 channels 88.2-96 kHz on 1 Toslink connector / S/PDIF: 2 channels, up to 192 kHz on 1 Toslink connector)
- Word Clock IN/OUT via BNC connections for syncing with other digital audio gear
- Element Control Software for Mac provides all control of hardware parameters including input gain, output level and low latency monitoring
- Element Control Mobile App provides wireless remote control of hardware via iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Works with Apogee Control - Optional desktop hardware remote control (Sold separately)
- Multi-Unit Thunderbolt support - Connect any two Element audio I/O boxes directly to Thunderbolt ports on your computer