Building on API's rich heritage of extremely high-quality recording consoles, THE BOX is a small-format recording/mixing console designed for professional project studios, home studios, and production facilities of all kinds. Optimized for the digital era, THE BOX handles all the functions needed for production not provided by most DAWs, including mic preamps, input signal processing, high-quality mix bus, cue sends with talkback, monitor control, and more, without the redundant capacities of larger consoles. Most importantly, THE BOX provides the legendary "all discrete" API sound in an efficient, cost-effective package.
THE BOX is specifically designed for audio professionals with project or home studios who require a smaller format console with that “big console sound”. True to its heritage, THE BOX features the same circuitry, performance and legendary API sound as the company’s highly successful Vision, Legacy Plus and 1608 consoles. The new console debuted to a highly enthusiastic AES show in New York, and is now shipping from the company’s factory in Jessup, Maryland.
- Two (2) input channels with mic/instrument/line preamp, HP filter, & integral 550A EQ
- Two (2) input channels with mic/instrument/line preamp, HP filter, & 500 slot
- Two (2) compressors assignable to input channels or program bus with stereo link
- Sixteen (16) summing channels (20 channels during mix)
- Stereo program bus with master fader, insert, and external input
- One (1) stereo and (2) mono auxiliary sends/buses
- Stereo cue send/bus & headphone system
- PFL, AFL, and solo-in-place solo modes with stereo solo bus
- Full-featured monitor section that supports two stereo monitor systems
- Talkback system
- Comprehensive rear panel connections with balanced inputs and outputs
- Integrated power supply
“THE BOX offers an easy, turnkey solution for recording and mixing,” said API President Larry Droppa. “It’s a great option for people who record a few channels at a time, but demand the warmth and punch that a large API console delivers. In addition to four inputs, full center section control, and 16 channels of API’s famous summing, the icing on the cake is a classic API stereo compressor on the program bus. Now you can truly record and mix – in THE BOX.”