A New Take On The 512c
With the new API 512v, the storied pro audio brand has taken its most versatile pre amp, the API 512c, and tweaked it to be a better fit into the workflow of DAW users. Utilizing the same exact circuitry created for the original API 512c by Saul Walker, the API 512v changes things up by featuring a variable output level control that allows engineers to bypass the need for any external signal attenuation. This means no more third party devices are needed to get that beloved API sound when using your favorite DAW or other devices with sensitive input levels.
Same Design, Newly DAW Friendly
The API 512v follows suit with the design of the API 512c with the exception of the variable output. This means not only is the 512c’s complete circuitry intact in the 512v, but the module also employs the same proprietary transformer, API 2520 op-amp and high-quality components that API has always used when creating their popular pre amp.
The Distinct Sound Of API
The API 512c has become known as an indispensable tool in the studio and the 512v continues this legacy. The versatile mic pre was designed to deliver the classic API sound that is synonymous with their vintage consoles, courtesy of a fully discrete circuit design and the API 2520 op-amp. Just like the 512c, the API 512v will offer high headroom, 65 dB of gain on the pre and a 20 dB switch.
- Mic Preamp with 65 dB of gain
- Variable Output Level Control from 65 dB to -∞
- 3:1 Output Transformer Tap selection
- Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
- Line/Instrument Preamp with 45 dB of gain
- Front Panel Combo-style XLR + 1/4 inch Line/Instrument Input
- LED VU meter for Gain Level Indication
- 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
- 48v Phantom switchable power
- Traditional API circuit design