The Aphex MIC X sets a new standard for sound quality and features for a USB microphone by including an Aphex optical compressor and the famous Aphex Aural Exciter and Big Bottom processors in the analog domain. The optical compressor provides a consistent output level, while the Aural Exciter and Big Bottom processors add presence and air to the high frequencies and depth to the low frequencies in a way that no EQ ever could.
This condenser microphone features a great sounding, high performance capsule with a low-mass diaphragm, custom-engineered for Aphex to have extended frequency response and superior transient response. The cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of the desired sound source.
MIC X features the famous Aphex Aural Exciter and Big Bottom processors to enhance your sound before it is broadcast or recorded. These features can provide that “larger than life” radio voice for Podcasts or a warm and present tone for vocalists. MIC X also features an Aphex optical compressor. This keeps your dynamic range under control and provides a consistent input level to the DAW without clipping.
- High performance, cardioid capsule
- Aphex preamp
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz recording resolution
- Analog Aural Exciter and Big Bottom Processing
- Analog Optical Compressor
- High Output Headphone Amp
- Compressor and enhancement processors have individual on/off switches
- Separate Aural Exciter and Big Bottom amount knobs are located on the rear
- Headphone jack is located on the front of the mic
- Comes with everything you need to start recording
- Compatible with: Mac OSX Core Audio Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) / ASIO 2.0 Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1 (32/64-bit) / ASIO 2.0 Up to 96k, 24-bit audio resolution
|Unit Weight||3.2 lb|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-46.9 dBV/Pa (4.5 mV)|
|Max. SPL||120 dB|
|Analog or Digital||No|