The compression section of the AM-10 uses a soft-knee feedback-type topology, reminiscent of many classic and much-admired compressors of yesteryear. The compressors timing can be controlled automatically (Auto mode) or dramatically altered using the wide-ranging and fully variable attack and release controls. A built-in three-position high pass sidechain filter has also been included for enhanced low-frequency control.
The limiter section is a peak detecting hard-knee style, its control signal being taken from the output of the Effect level pot. Limiting ranges from approximately 25dB down to 4dB. With a little experimentation, many severe and colorful compression effects are possible. This section also includes its own three-position high-pass sidechain filter.
Both sections can be independently linked to other AM-10 units the compressor uses true power summing when linked, while the limiter section uses greater-of-two peak response when linked.
Separate 7-element LED meters monitor gain reduction and output level simultaneously.
The AM-10s mix section is comprised of two controls: a level control for the gain cell and a Dry signal level control, giving the ability to blend varying amounts of dry and compressed signals together at the output.
- Discrete FET gain control element
- Independent compressor and limiter sidechains
- Automatic or fully-variable compression attack and release controls
- Switchable limiter release times
- Independent three-position sidechain filters on both compressor and limiter
- Link control compressor and limiter sidechains can be linked separately to other AM-10 modules
- Dual metering LED metering shows gain reduction and output level simultaneously
- Effect level control with 20dB gain make up after compression
- Built-in mix control to add dry signal back into output path
- 500 Series rack compatible module