The AKG PZM30 D high-performance hemispherical boundary layer microphone is a Pressure Zone Microphone® designed for professional recording, sound reinforcement and broadcasting. The capsule is mounted in the pressure zone, an area where direct sound and reflected sound are in phase, which provides a 6dB higher sensitivity.
Two selectable frequency responses (flat/rising) provide greater flexibility in mic placement and sonic character. The rising position of the frequency switch adds brilliance and a crisp attack on percussion, drums, or piano. The PZM30 D comes in a very rugged, low-profile, metal housing with detachable cable that makes it sturdy and reliable for heavy duty applications.
- Hemispherical polar pattern - for intelligible pickup of sound from any direction
- PZM® (Pressure Zone Microphone®) technology - prevents sound coloration from surface reflections
- Switchable dual-frequency response - for greater flexibility in mic placement and sonic character
- Rugged, low-profile housing - withstands the rigors of the stage
- Detachable cable - easy to install and service