The AKG C480 B Combo is a combination of C480 B pre-amp and the CK61 ULS capsule. It offers excellent audio quality and maximum flexibility. The electronic circuitry of the C480 B comes with a transformerless output stage and assures completely linear transfer characteristics across the entire frequency range, while achieving self-noise figures close to the theoretical minimum.
The CK61 capsule is characterized by a ruler-flat frequency response and an unmatchable consistent cardioid polar pattern. It is the ideal choice for critical recording and live-sound applications where consistent suppression of off-axis sound is an important requirement. The CK61 ULS is widely used in broadcast and recording studios as well as on stages worldwide.
- Sophisticated microphone pre-amp design for ultralow noise performance
- Transformerless output provides extremely low distortion, highest reliability and less weight
- Specially designed output stage for difficult loads, drives excessively long cables with no signal degradation
- Cardioid polar pattern with excellent on-axis response for pure, pristine sound quality
- Self-cleaning contacts ensure reliable operation and long life