The new AKG C 214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C 414 family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C 414 dual-capsule system and AKG’s patented Back-Plate Technology which results in an outstanding performance close to the famous C 414 B-XLS.
Like the C 414 models, the C 214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch—all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the C 214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C 214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
The C 214 comes complete with carrying case, windscreen, and spider suspension mount included.
- AKG’s legendary 1” edge-terminated large diaphragm sound
- Outstanding dynamic range (up to 156 dB SPL, ultra-low noise)
- Roadworthy design
- Integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise
- Switchable 20 dB attenuation pad and low cut switch
- Rugged double mesh grill for high RF immunity but unaffected acoustics
- All-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
- Spider-type shock mount included
- Metal carrying case included
- Designed, engineered and built in Vienna, Austria