In celebration of the final production run of one of the UK’s most iconic loudspeakers, there will be a limited edition final production run of the award winning Acoustic Energy AE1 Classic loudspeaker. Just 100 numbered pairs of the AE1 Classic Limited Edition speakers will be produced.
In addition to the luxurious Piano gloss, each unit will be finished with gold plated bolts and feature a matching gold plated Limited Edition plaque with serial and edition numbers on the back of each speaker.
Famed for its acoustic design based on the original AE1, the AE1 Classic LE will retain the same instantly recognizable twin front ported cabinet, spun aluminum cone and 25mm magnesium alloy dome tweeter and offer the same sweet, detailed and engaging sound. The decision to end the life of this highly renowned audio gem is derived from some of the bespoke parts no longer being made available to AE.
- Limited edition logo
- Certificate of authenticity
- 5 year guarantee when registered online
- Bass/Mid Driver: 110 mm ceramic sandwich aluminum cone, 32 mm edge-wound voice-coil
- Tweeter: 25 mm magnesium alloy dome
- Crossover: Symmetrical third order at 3 kHz
- Power Handling: Compatible with amplifiers rated at up to 200 watts into 8 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 70 Hz – 22 kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 86 dB for 2.83 V at 1 m
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Typically less than 0.3%, 200 Hz to 20 kHz
- Power Compression: Less than 1 dB for 16 dB gain at 250 Hz
- Dimensions: 295 x 180 x 255 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 7.5 kg (single, unpacked)
- Finishes: Piano Gloss Cherry, 100 pairs only
"Acoustic Energy AE1s have been my only monitor choice for over ten years of engineering and mixing. They are the only speaker I can trust from studio to control room that translate real world results without hype or digital processing."
Darrell Thorp 7x Grammy Winner (Beck, Radiohead, Air)