The A-Designs Audio KGB-II is a single-ended, high input impedance, discrete audio pre-amp designed for high impedance, unbalanced outputs such as: guitar, bass guitar, and electronic keyboards. Just as a low impedance, balanced pre-amp is needed, (designed for use with microphones), a pre-amplifier designed for use with unbalanced high impedance instruments is also required. The KGB Series contains high voltage, discrete op-amps with balanced output transformers by Cinemag, Inc.
The KGB-II is a two-channel, solid state unit that allows use of both channels for stereo recordings or live performances. This works well with stereo output instruments such as: keyboards or stereo guitar pickups. For bass players, there is freedom to use two basses in a live performance, simply by picking up the other bass and playing without any delay between songs.
- All Metal Chassis
- Milled Aluminum Knobs
- Balanced XLR Gold Pin Neutrik Outputs
- Switchcraft 1/4" Input Jacks
- Bipolar Electrolytic Capacitors
- 1% Metal Resistors
- Blue Led Power Indicator
- 4 Rubber Feet
- Heat Vents
- Two Discrete Inputs with Thru
- Gain Select Switches for each channel, High/Low
- Phase Reverse Switch for each channel
- Gain Lift Switch
- External Power Transformer for a very low Noise Floor