For over a decade, Waves has been a leader in the digital audio revolution, modeling console components, vintage amplifiers, and rare outboard compressors and equalizers. Now, with the Waves Dorrough Meter Collection, they have modeled the world's finest hardware meters. These precision models of classic Dorrough Meters offer the same readability, musicality and accuracy of the original units. Clear and comprehensive, Dorrough Meters are renowned for their unique ability to paint a detailed picture of true loudness, which is why more Dorroughs are used in advanced production facilities than those of any other brand. Displaying both average and peak levels in a single readout, Waves Dorrough Meters are the only meters which actually let users see the density of the sound.
The Waves Dorrough Meter Collection features models of Dorrough’s most popular loudness meters: 280D/240D, 380D/340D, and 40AES/EBU. Developed in association with Dorrough Electronics, they provide precision loudness monitoring for every conceivable audio scenario. As Input Meters to attain optimal recording levels, as Group/Auxiliary Meters to achieve optimal group loudness, or as Master Output meters, the Waves Dorrough Meters do it all!
- Superfast peak response
- Sum and difference energies for optimal stereo-to-mono compatibility
- Left/right phase correlation
- Displays number of overs
- Peak and average level relations
- Three selectable styles: horizontal (280D/240D), vertical (380D/340D), and arc (40AES/EBU)
- Three selectable sizes: extra large, large, and small
- Selectable reference levels
- Switch between display sizes and styles with the click of a mouse
- 40dB scale in 1 dB steps
- Mono & Stereo Components
When it comes to meters, you want readability. You want musicality. And most of all, you want accuracy. You want The Waves Dorrough Meter Collection.
- Meter style vertical, horizontal, arc
- Meter size S, L, XL
- Reference level 20dB AES, 18dB EBU, 14dB
- Peak auto, hold, reset
- Overs display, reset
- Meter mode phase, sum/diff, left/right
- Phase error LED
- Overs error LED