Occupying a special place in the imagination of engineers and producers, the Neve 1084
mic pre/EQ delivers an incredibly fat, smooth sound. While the 1084 builds on the same basic design of the world-famous 1073, it offers a significantly different palette of frequency selections. The 1084 also features a "Q" switch, allowing the user to choose between two different Q types, either narrow or wide with respect to the parametric band. These added features and the 1084’s extended versatility make it a preference over the 1073.
The 1084’s three EQ bands provide selectable frequency, with cut and boost capability, and a mid-frequency band which benefits from a High Q Presence switch. The high pass filter can be switched between 45Hz, 70Hz, 160Hz & 360Hz, and the low pass filter between 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 14kHz, & 18kHz. Both boast 18dB per octave slopes.
Handcrafted and completely hand wired in Burnley, UK by Neve’s dedicated professionals, the 1084 reissue has been reproduced to the exact specifications of the original modules. Where innovation has improved on previous technology, Neve has welcomed such improvements. However, not all things lend themselves to enhancement. Example: audio transformers. While other manufacturers use replacements, AMS Neve alone has access to the original hand-wound transformers. This is an important factor when you consider that an analogue preamp is only as good as its transformer. That is why only a Neve sounds like a Neve.
All Neve mic preamplifiers are designed to accept signals from a wide range of microphone and line sources. Uncompromisingly low noise and distortion with generous overload performance are noteworthy hallmarks of all Neve products. Highlights
- Classic Neve transformer mic preamplifier with wide range of equaliser settings
- Choice of "Standard" or "Air Studio" preamp modules
- 3 switchable EQ bands
- Hand crafted and tested precisely to original 1970 design
- HP and LP filters with High Q setting
- Transformer-balanced and earth free inputs and outputs
- Output: Maximum output >+26dBu into 600 ohms. Output impedance is 75 ohms @1kHz.
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- Freq. Response: +/-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz. EQ Out.
- Noise: Not more than -83dBu at all Line gain settings EQ In/Out
The 1084 can be purchased as single or multiple units. Each 1084 module has been designed to perfectly retrofit into the 80 Series Neve Classic consoles as part of a channel strip or can be mounted in a custom rack. The available rack sizes are 3U (which accommodates 2 modules horizontally) or 5U (which accommodates 8 modules vertically). Neve "Classic" Outboard - Genuine Neve product hand built in UK using all of the original components, nothing new in 30 years