Launched in 1970, the Neve 1073
is the first choice of leading producers and artists, delivering the unique Neve sound on some of the most famous recordings of the past 30 years. The big, punchy sound of the 1073 compliments any musical genre - from rock to pop, hip-hop to rap, thrash to classical.
Handcrafted and completely hand-wired by Neve’s dedicated professionals in Burnley, England, the modern-day 1073 is produced to the exact specifications of the original modules. Considerable resources have been devoted to the acquisition of the original components to ensure the sound remains true.
Looking for an outside opinion? Lynn Fuston at EQ Magazine performed an in-depth review of the modern-day 1073 versus a vintage model. We think you’ll find his conclusions quite comforting.
The Class A design 1073 microphone preamplifier features 3 bands of EQ, with one fixed high frequency band, two switchable bands with cut and boost capability, and a high pass filter. All Neve channel amplifiers are designed to accept signals from a wide range of microphone and line sources.
The Neve 1073 mic pre and EQ combination adds warmth and depth to recordings, brings out subtle ambience, maintains spatial positioning, and more effectively captures a precise image. That’s why the 1073 mic preamp is considered by many to be the very essence of the Neve sound. Highlights
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design)
- 3 EQ bands
- Hand-built and hand-wired to original 1970s design
- HP filter
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Both inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Microphone Input: Gain +80db to +20dB in 5dB steps.
- Line Input: Input impedance 10k ohms, gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps.
- Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600 ohms.
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80kHz bandwidth) into 600 ohms.
- Freq Response: +/-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz. EQ Out.
The 1073 can be purchased as single or multiple units. Each 1073 module has been designed to perfectly retrofit into the 80 Series Neve Classic consoles as part of a channel strip or can be mounted in a custom rack. The available rack sizes are 3U (which accommodates 2 modules horizontally) or 5U (which accommodates 8 modules vertically). Neve "Classic" Outboard - Genuine Neve product hand built in UK using all of the original components, nothing new in 30 years