When you want gentle, clear compression, the Millennia TCL-2 delivers. Featuring Millennia's Twin Topology, the TCL-2 lets you choose between clean solid-state compression or subtle tube-tinged color, without loss of detail and clarity. If you're looking for an aggressive, heavy-handed compression monster, look elsewhere. The TCL-2 shines in its subtlety, seamlessly able to gently push a vocal up front or wash away the digital-ness of a stack of tracks thanks to its bath of analog cohesiveness.
- Twin Topology gives you more options
- Meticulously matched optos for stereo work
- Millennia gear is made for detail
Twin Topology gives you more options
Millennia outfitted the TCL-2 with its Twin Topology, so you can decide between solid-state and tube compression at the push of a button. Whether you wind up using the discrete J-FET signal path or all-triode 300V vacuum tube signal path, the TCL-2 gives you its signature brand of subtle, gentle squeeze. Even in bypass tube mode you can add that "something extra" to your tracks. It's one reason hip hop engineers have been increasingly gravitating toward the TCL-2, for its ability to take out the "digital" feeling from your stacks of in-the-box tracks and gel it all together in a way only analog gear can.
Meticulously matched optos for stereo work
To give you an ideal platform for stereo work, Millennia carefully matches each opto cell to give you a stereo-ready TCL-2. Beware of opto-based compressors that don't receive this level of scrutiny and care, as no two opto cells picked at ramdom are alike.
Millennia gear is made for detail
Founder and chief designer John La Grue takes the same approach to his exceptional audio gear as he does to the wine he cultivates in the California countryside. Detail matters, it's everything. Whether in a vintage of wine or your multi-track mix, taken together, those details can make a major difference in the end result. Millennia equipment celebrates those fine, subtle points, bringing you gear that's built with uncompromising quality to deliver purity in music.
- Stereo optical compressor/limiter
- Two signal paths: all-triode 300V vacuum tube or all-discrete J-FET solid state
- Both topologies are entirely transformerless, high voltage, pure Class A
- Minimalist design: only one active stage in the audio path
- Threshold: Infinity to +20dBu
- Ratio: 1.4:1 to 30:1
- Attack: 2 to 100ms
- Release: 100ms to 3s
- Large meters: switchable for VU or Gain Reduction
- Gold relays, connectors, switches, tube sockets
- Silver Teflon power wiring
- Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring