Sometimes a kick in the face is just what you need. That's precisely why the Inward Connections Vogad has been finding a home in drum-centric 500 Series setups. This extremely versatile, punchy VCA compressor/limiter takes advantage of a VF-600 amp block adding mojo and warmth to balance its energetic punch. The Vogad is an all-around excellent channel dynamic, featuring a link switch for use on the drum bus or across the entire mix.
- Gives teeth to drum tracks or anything needing punch
- Inward Connections: boutique gear handmade in LA
Gives teeth to drum tracks or anything needing punch
When you're wanting that extra bit of cut, punch, or kick, the Vogad is ready to deliver. It's a monstrous VCA compressor, managing to add oomph without becoming overbearing or wearing you out. The Vogad loves drums, individually or sent as a stereo bus made possible by the Stereo Link Switch. All in all, the Vogad pulls of "modern" while retaining a vintage warmth and vibe you'll love. Don't forget to try it on a synth hook.
Inward Connections: boutique gear handmade in LA
Initially one of LA's best-kept secrets, the word about Inward Connections has been sweeping the globe. After all, when you hear guys like Chris Lord-Alge and Eddie Kramer swearing by a brand, you know to pay attention. Dreamed up and designed by Steve Firlotte, a well-known LA tech, the Inward Connections line offers premium options for the discerning ear, all meticulously handmade in Firlotte's Los Angeles workshop.
Inward Connections Vogad features:
- 500 Series VCA compressor
- VF-600 discrete amp blocks
- Differential balance input transformerless
- Balance output transformer
- Fits standard 500 Series slot configuration mechanically and electrically
- Gain Makeup Control +/- 16dB attenuation
- Threshold Control -40dB to +22dB. This allows for low level compression to high level limiting
- Ratio Control ranges from 2:1 to 30:1 to infinity
- Attack Control ranges from .2 milliseconds to 20 milliseconds
- Release Control ranges from .1 seconds to 3 seconds
- Gain Reduction Meter: 10-segment LED meter bar that ranges from -2dB to -20dB
- Highpass Filter: 250Hz for detector circuit only
- Stereo Link Switch allows module detector circuit to be tied to adjacent compressor module. Both link switches have to be in the “UP” position
- Bypass Switch controls a bypass relay
- Powder coating in Gunmetal gray