Apogee Ensemble features 36 channels of simultaneous audio, including 8 channels of Apogee’s legendary A/D and D/A conversion, four transparent, digitally controlled 75db mic preamps, 8 channels of ADAT I/O, 2 channels of S/PDIF coax and optical I/O, and FireWire connectivity to and from the computer. Ensemble also includes premium Apogee technologies such as "SoftLimit", "UV22HR", and "Intelliclock." These technologies combined with converters that set the standard for the audio industry make Ensemble an ideal choice for professionals seeking a high-definition, integrated solution that’s incredibly easy to use.
- 8 channels of premium 24 bit/192 kHz AD/DA conversion
- 4 digitally controlled 75db microphone preamps
- 2 fully balanced inserts on mic pre channels
- 4 Hi-Z instrument inputs capable of handling high level instruments
- 2 individual, controllable and assignable high level headphone outputs
- 2, 6 or 8 channel monitor outputs
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O
- FireWire 400 I/O, compatible with OS X Core Audio (no driver required)
- 2 channels of SPDIF I/O
- "Soft Limit" for maximum digital input level without overs
- "UV22HR" for superior dither of 24 bit resolution down to 16 bit
- Advanced, dual-stage "Intelliclock"
- Complete integration and control with Apple's Logic Pro Software
- Compatibility with any CoreAudio software applications
- Apogee's Maestro Software for advanced control and routing outside of Logic Pro
Apogee Electronics has released a new version of the FireWire Audio Driver for Ensemble
This Firewire Audio driver supports a single Ensemble used with any G4, G5 or Intel-based Macintosh in conjunction with OS X v. 10.4.8 or later, providing consistent sample accurate performance at all sampling rates. This version also features enhanced stability on supported Macintosh computers and resolves the few remaining issues associated with previous versions of the beta driver.